We are located in Bunbury Western Australia; a regional centre approx. 180Kms south of the Capital Perth. Bunbury is a coastal town with a population of approx. 65,000 people within a 15km radius.
Check out this link to give you an idea of what Bunbury is like… http://www.bunbury.wa.gov.au/Pages/Business-and-Investors.aspx
Our business, WeatherSafe WA has been solving West Australian outdoor weather problems for more than 40 years.
Formally Del-Ray Canvas Australia, a family business founded in 1975 and operated by my parents, I bought the business from them in 2010.
I have a good friend in the same industry located in South Australia. His name is Tim and his business name was called WA Young and Co.
After attending a marketing seminar together we decided to change the name of our respective companies to WeatherSafe to give the organisations broader appeal in the outdoor weather protection industry.
So I changed my business name to WeatherSafe WA and Tim renamed his business WeatherSafe Shades.
We are two completely separate entities but we share a common name, common ideas and common goals so if you are searching on the internet you may see WeatherSafe Shades as well as WeatherSafe WA stuff.
The Company Has Three Divisions,
- Outdoor blinds and awnings.
* Focusing on domestic and commercial applications, the company provides the WeatherBlock range of Alfresco, Café and Patio blinds, and SolarSafe brand of fixed and retractable window shades and outdoor awnings.
- Outdoor shade sails and Shade structures.
*The company offers the SunBan range of shadecloth shade sails and shade structures and the WaterShed brand of waterproof structures
- WeatherSafe Industrial Products.
*Supplying all types of industrial textile products to the mining, industrial, commercial and tradesman industries.
*Products such as tarpaulins and custom made covers to the mining, transport and marine sectors through our WeatherProof brand.
Even though we are based in Bunbury our experience is extensive throughout Western Australia and although our focus is based in the South West, we have provided our products all over the state. Things like…
- Large industrial covers to BHP mining in the north west,
- Shade shelters to the Punmu Aboriginal community north east of Telfer,
- PVC structures for the Stock Rd Markets in Bibra Lakes,
- Cantilever structures at the Red Hill Waste Station in Midland,
- Car park structures in Bunbury, Coogee and Collie and
- Numerous shade structures throughout regional WA
Our biggest selling product by volume is patio blinds. Most of the quoting and following up in the short term will have to do with this product
We have a few different styles but our main product is the Slidetrack blind system.
Check out this video on YouTube…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pteNNIn0RKE